- Medical Specialty/Subspecialty: PM&R Pain Medicine
- Board Certification:
- Undergraduate Institution: University of Lagos College of Medicine
- Medical School: University of Lagos College of Medicine
- Internship/Residency: Internship at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit, MI, Residency at Schwab Rehabilitation Hospital/University of Chicago Hospital.Where he served as a chief resident in his last year
- Professional Society Memberships: AAPMR, NANS
- Awards and Recognition:
- Professional Focus
- Interesting facts about: Dr. Nwofia enjoys listing to the talented Bob Marley as well as traveling all over the world. He also enjoys Martial Arts and spending time with his family.
Dr. Nwofia started his post medical school training in the United Kingdom, in Orthopedic Surgery, from May 1990 until his move to the United States in June 1994. He completed an internship in Family Practice at the Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit between June 1994 and June 1995. He then completed a residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at the Schwab Rehabilitation Hospital/University of Chicago Hospitals program between 1995 and 1998 where he served as a chief resident in his last year.
Dr. Nwofia is an interventional physiatrist and rehabilitation specialist and specializes in the evaluation and treatment of non-surgical spinal and musculoskeletal disorders. Dr. Nwofia started the practice in 1999 in the south Nashville area and moved the practice to the current facility in Brentwood (Cool Springs) in September 2002.
Dr. Nwofia is board certified with the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (AAPM&R). He is specifically trained and certified in the areas of electromyography, as well as diagnostic and therapeutic spinal injections. Dr. Nwofia’s area of interest is in the treatment of spinal disorders and chronic spine related pain management with the implantation of Spinal Cord Stimulation leads.
Dr. Nwofia lives with his wife and kids in the Brentwood area. He is active in the local Brentwood Rotary club. He is also an enthusiast of the Shotokan Karate style and runs a private dojo where he teaches his children, employees, their spouses and children.