John C. Nwofia, M.D.
- Medical Specialty/Subspecialty: PM&R Pain Medicine
- Board Certification:
- Undergraduate Institution: University of Lagos College of Medicine
- Medical School: University of Lagos College of Medicine
- Internship/Residency: Internship at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit, MI, Residency at Schwab Rehabilitation Hospital/University of Chicago Hospital.Where he served as a chief resident in his last year
- Professional Society Memberships: AAPMR, NANS
- Awards and Recognition:
- Professional Focus
- Interesting facts about: Dr. Nwofia enjoys listing to the talented Bob Marley as well as traveling all over the world. He also enjoys Martial Arts and spending time with his family.
Dr. Nwofia started his post medical school training in the United Kingdom, in Orthopedic Surgery, from May 1990 until his move to the United States in June 1994. He completed an internship in Family Practice at the Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit between June 1994 and June 1995. He then completed a residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at the Schwab Rehabilitation Hospital/University of Chicago Hospitals program between 1995 and 1998 where he served as a chief resident in his last year.
Dr. Nwofia is an interventional physiatrist and rehabilitation specialist and specializes in the evaluation and treatment of non-surgical spinal and musculoskeletal disorders. Dr. Nwofia started the practice in 1999 in the south Nashville area and moved the practice to the current facility in Brentwood (Cool Springs) in September 2002.
Dr. Nwofia is board certified with the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (AAPM&R). He is specifically trained and certified in the areas of electromyography, as well as diagnostic and therapeutic spinal injections. Dr. Nwofia’s area of interest is in the treatment of spinal disorders and chronic spine related pain management with the implantation of Spinal Cord Stimulation leads.
Dr. Nwofia lives with his wife and kids in the Brentwood area. He is active in the local Brentwood Rotary club. He is also an enthusiast of the Shotokan Karate style and runs a private dojo where he teaches his children, employees, their spouses and children.
Jonathan Stone, M.D.
- Medical Specialty/Subspecialty: Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Pain Medicine, Certified independent Medical Examiner
- Board Certification: American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, American Board of Pain Medicine , American Board of Independent Medical Examiners
- Undergraduate Institution: Indiana Weseyan University
- Medical School: The Ohio State University College of Medicine
- Internship/Residency: The University of Pittsburgh (served as chief resident)
- Professional Society Memberships: American Academy of Physical Medicine, American Academy of Pain Medicine
- Awards and Recognition: 2003 Physician of the Year Award by The National Republican Congressional Committee February 27, 2003 ,2003 National Leadership Award byThe national Republican Congressional Committee December 2002, Young Alumnus of the year 1998 by Indiana Wesleyan University Marion, IN , Letter of Commendation from the governor of Montana for service on the long term care reform advisory council 1997.
- Professional Focus: Dr. Stone is interested in the Spiritual side of pain and suffering
- Interesting facts about Dr. Stone Dr. Stone enjoys hiking and kayaking and traveling with his family. He has been to 47 of the 50 states. He also enjoys reading, listening to music and theatre.
Kristi Duffield, PA-C
- Board Certification: NCCPA Certified
- Undergraduate Institution: Trevecca Nazarene University for undergrad and PA school
- Professional Society Memberships: AAPA
- Interesting facts about Kristi Kristi loves sports and enjoys reading and spending time with her family
Kristi is a graduate of Trevecca Nazarene University Physician Assistant program in Nashville, TN. She has a Bachelor’s degree in Science – Physician Assistant studies. Kristi is certified by the national commission of Physician Assistants. She is correspondingly certified in basic and advanced cardiac life support. She has experience in emergency medicine and occupational medicine. Kristi thoroughly enjoys orthopedics as well as being a member of the American Academy of Physician Assistants.
Trudy Jo Kerlin, PA-C
- Board Certification: NCCA
- Undergraduate Institution: University of California, Davis Bio Chemistry
- PA School: University of Oklahoma PA
- Professional Society Memberships: TAPA
- Professional Focus
- Interesting facts about Trudy
- Work History: Trudy has 20+ years at VA renal transplant program and has a back ground in geriatrics.
Trudy Jo Kerlin is a graduate of University of California, Davis with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Biochemistry and graduated from Physician Assistant program at the University of Oklahoma. Trudy has a wealth of clinical experience caring for complex patients in academic, public, and private practice settings. Before joining our team, Trudy worked with the VA renal transplant team as well as Vanderbilt University medical center. Trudy enjoyed her work in geriatrics and is excited to work in pain management.
Gary Nardin, PA-C
- Board Certification: Board Certified in Family Practice
- PA School: Albany/ Hudson Valley PA Program.
- Interesting facts about: Gary is an avid hunter, he enjoys hiking, gardening and outdoor recreational activities.
- Work History: Gary has 27 years of experience in family practice, addictionology, emergency medicine and pain management.
Chelsea Sparkman, PA-C
- Medical Specialty/Subspecialty: Physician Assistant- Certified
- Board Certification: NCCPA
- Undergraduate Institution: Lee University of Cleveland, TN
- PA School: Trevecca Nazarene University
- Professional Society Memberships: TAPA, AAPA
- Awards and Recognition: Magna Cum Laude Undergraduate
- Interesting facts about: Chelsea is an energetic person originally from a small town in West MI. She is an active member of life church and loves working with underprivileged children. Chelsea graduated from Lee University in Dec. 2011 with a major in health science and a minor in psychology; after which she graduated from Trevecca Nazarene University with her Masters of Science in Medicine- physician assistant studies. She is very passionate about traveling and has visited China, Botswana, Zambia, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Honduras, Haiti, Belize , and Mexico. She loves to have adventures and is always looking for new endeavors, In addition to enjoying a good look, she loves the movies. The ocean is Chelsea’s favorite place to be. Becoming a PA has helped her to fulfill her purpose of serving others, and she hopes to always continue doing this.